EQUIPMENT PROCESS DESIGN
Our experience in the Industry allows us to work closely with our Customers to specify and Design the unique equipment solution that best suits the need of our Customers. We do this by Following the Continuous Improvement Principles
- Ensuring that the correct people are in place
- Training for the Team
- Design of Processes
- Documentation of Processes
- Utilising G-track to Manage Process
- Issue logs
- Weekly Meetings to ensure transparency
As a Value Added Service, GLS offers a specialized Maintenance Solutions to our customers. The primary focus is on the Repair of Steel Equipment and Customers have a choice between Adhoc Repairs or Monthly Fixed Fee Repairs and we are able to work on or off site. OUR MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS INCLUDES:
- General Repairs
- Welding Repairs
- Replacements and fittings
Benefits of outsourcing
- We have Skilled Laborers with vast experience.
- A maintenance solution will be provided to suit your needs and budget.
- Daily sign off sheets so work is monitored.
- Negotiated targets and deadlines are adhered to.
- Reporting on maintenance available and can be customized.
- We are able to either collect units from site for repairs or work on site.
- Depending on demand a team can visit from once per month to daily.
OUTSOURCE EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT
GLS is a proven outsourcing provider that will maximize the value of your equipment assets by ensuring your equipment is used through your supply chain and your partners supply chain at optimally efficient levels. The full range of our outsource functions will allow you, to sweat your assets giving you the best use of your investment into the equipment.
This GLS service is designed to manage all aspects of your equipment, owned, rented or leased.
Our services include:
Administration and Operational Functions
Back-office functions for supply chain equipment is complicated in nature and if not done correctly can result in huge losses and unforeseen costs. GLS offers you a world class administration and equipment operations team that is able to implement and manage globally acceptable equipment processes with it in depth local experience, giving you the best of both worlds.
Equipment management by its nature is difficult to control. Departments that may have evolved over time have become uncontrolled and poorly managed areas which are resulting in unforeseen cost. GLS offers, an outsourcing company that provides better equipment management skills. Some of these functions will include the following:
- Implementation and ongoing management of equipment processes within your business
- Integration of these processes into your business
- Daily, weekly, monthly management reports
- Pallet Management Services
- Equipment Tracking and monitoring
- Demand management –Efficient understanding of your needs going forward and how to service these needs.
Reducing the risk in staffing
Outsourcing will allow operations that have seasonal or cyclical demands to bring in additional resources when you need them and release them when you’re done.
Equipment departments are usually an area of high employee turnover which creates uncertainty and inconsistency to the operations. GLS will provided a level of continuity to your company while reducing the risk that a substandard level of operation would bring to the company.
MANAGING CUSTOMER AND VENDOR INTERACTION
One of the most Challenging aspect of Equipment management is the complexity created by having different Companies and subsequent processes that affects the cost and use of the Equipment within your Company. This results in unforeseen cost escalation, Pool Variances and lost Equipment being charged to you.
With the GLS Operational Control and Management functions we manage this interaction on your behalf and ensure that you, as our Customer, receives the best Benefit.
We do this based on One of Two Principles
Balance to Zero
- Equipment is managed transactionally and is not allowed to remain at the Delivery point. i.e. All Equipment must be returned on the same trip as the Delivery. Id Equipment is not Returned against the Delivery Note the non Compliance is escalated
Issues vs Returns-balance in Supply Chain
- Equipment Being Returned is measured against what was issued and equipment Balances per Delivery Location is available
Based on the Model we are then able to supply Billing and Balance Report according to the Parameters determined with each customer individually
The GLS Equipment RRU can be integrated into the customers distribution centre (an insourced depot), so that empty equipment can be washed, maintained and used again immediately after being returned. Alternatively, depending on size and length of contract the depot can be built next-to or close-by the retailer’s distribution centre (an outsourced servicecentre).
RRU is seen as the start of any customer Supply Chain. Whether you use the GLS RRU or you choose to have the RRU on your Site. GLS will offer you a solution which is as simple or intricate as you, our customer, chooses it to be. Returnable Packaging or MHE is one of the only elements in the supply chain that completes the cycle throughout the entire supply chain. On the return leg to RRU the Equipment is Received, checked & cleaned to ensure that Equipment Being issued meets our QC Requirement
Customary processes being monitored:
- Washbay Productivity
PALLET MANAGEMENT SERVICES
We can tailor a comprehensive pallet account management package that is designed to control your hired equipment and provide support for related operational activities.
PALLET ACCOUNT AUDIT
It is important to understand the status of your Pallet account in order to Manage and Reduce you potential Risk.
Identification of lost equipment
A physical count of all hire equipment can be conducted and compared to the quantity of equipment being charged out by the hire company to determine losses.
Redemption of equipment lost
Where records exist, we shall co-ordinate with your trading partners and attempt to retrieve all outstanding equipment. Where records are not available, or equipment is unredeemable, we shall provide cost data on compensation payments to the hire company and any other available options.
PALLET SERVICES INCLUDE
Audit of operations
We shall require access to operations and administration staff that handle equipment and related documentation in order to form a detailed understanding of the arrangements currently in place.
Trading Partner requirements
We will identify the receiving policies of your trading partners and develop documentation to ensure those responsible for raising transfers can do so correctly.
Assessment of knowledge and training
We shall ascertain the level of pallet management knowledge amongst your staff. We will respond to any shortfall with individual training programs.
OUT SOURCED ADMINISTRATION
GLS can offer you peace of mind by out sourcing all the pallet administration functions to ensure continuity of service and knowledge.
We will key all equipment movements into our database in preparation of receipt of your hire company invoice.
Automated Invoice reconciliation GLS will reconcile your monthly hire company invoice and follow up on any discrepancy or unauthorised transfer to your account.
Upon the receipt of your accurate dispatch volumes we are able to generate and supply you with transfer dockets to accompany your hire equipment.
We will support pallet counts with accurate and up to date figures of theoretical holdings and can perform counts on your behalf.
We can produce an array of reports to keep you up to date as to the state of your hire accounts. They can be supplied in line with monthly invoices from the pallet hire companies and can be run as a summary or provide detailed information by cost, quantity, trading partner, time frame and history, and include: Stock levels, Equipment totals, Delayed transfers, Lost equipment, Loaned equipment and Hire company invoices.
We will offer additional services to further assist the management of your pallet account.
We can arrange for the delivery of empty equipment to your premises. Standard issue fees and transport charges apply for this activity where relevant.
We are available by phone to answer your staff queries. We are available to support or represent you in meetings or presentations with your trading partners and can make site visits as required.
G-Track is a web based program specifically designed for returnable package management. G-Track was fully developed by GLS and is therefore fully customisable to your company’s needs.
A company has different sites. These sites can be DC’s, stores, suppliers etc. On every site you can have different areas if you wish to. This can be despatch, receiving, wash bay etc. Every area will have its own scanner. The scanner user can only scan items and upload his scans. He will not be able to view any reports. Every site can have a manager or managers. This role will be able to view all reports from that specific site. The Super Manager(s) are able to view reports from all sites and use the online invoicing.
Key features of G-Track
- Web Enable Solution, receive orders from Vendors and view online reports.
- GLS Track can incorporate any number of different RTP units as required.
- Knowledge of order management, Inventory and transaction reporting.
- Expert in management of equipment pooling; allowing retailers and vendors to look into management and inventory reports and increase efficiencies and total transparency throughout the supply chain.
- Confirmation of collections will be sent via e-mail to vendors
- Manage damaged and scrapped stock. Management Reports Reports are fully customisable to your company’s needs. Reports can be viewed on-line and printed out. Reports include:
- Cycle time and confirmed orders (from DC to vendors)
- Cycle time and confirmed movements (from DC to Stores)
- Depot inventory and availability report
- Transaction report
- Stock on hand reports include;
- Stock on hand
- Stock at Vendor
- Stock awaiting wash
- Stock at store