G-Track is a web based program specifically designed for returnable package management. G-Track was developed by GLS and is therefore fully customisable to your company’s needs.
G-Track can be accessed through any type of device with an internet browser. Therefore scalability and hardware costs can be kept to a minimum when rolling the solution out across large supply chain networks.
Equipment assets are tracked on the system by means of manual counts, barcode scanning and auto ID solutions powered by IoT. Terminals are installed at specific transaction points to gather large amounts of data related to asset movements between entities. We collect over 80 million transactions annually, across various clients and supply chains. G-Track’s algorithms unlocks valuable information from the data and allows GLS to provide unparalleled efficiencies.
Key features of G-Track
- Web enabled solution, receive orders from vendors and view online reports.
- Tracking of endless types of equipment asset classes.
- Order management, inventory and transaction reporting.
- Equipment pool management for full supply chain and equipment transparency.
- Vendor management solutions and services
- Maintenance management modules for accurate reporting on equipment longevity.
- Customisable management reports suited to your company’s needs, such as:
- Cycle time and confirmed orders (from DC to vendors)
- Cycle time and confirmed movements (from DC to stores)
- Depot inventory and availability reports
- Transaction reports
- Stock on hand reports include;
- Stock on hand of entire network
- Stock at vendor
- Stock awaiting wash
- Stock at store
- Tactical Reports
- Damage ratios
- Demand planning
- Holding days per store
- TATs for deliveries, repairs and RPC washing etc.
- Strategic Reports
- Control ratio of the equipment pool
- Network flow mapping and optimization
- Financial budgets and actuals
- Trip cost per equipment type
EQUIPMENT RETURN CENTRE (ERC)
The GLS Equipment ERC can be integrated into the customers distribution centre (an insourced depot), so that empty equipment can be washed, maintained and used again immediately after being returned. Alternatively, depending on size and length of contract, the depot can be built next to or close by the retailer’s distribution centre (an outsourced service centre).
The ERC is seen as the start of any customer supply chain. Whether you use the GLS ERC or you choose to have the ERC on your site. GLS will offer a solution which can be simple or intricate, depending on the customers’ needs. Returnable packaging or MHE is one of the only elements in the supply chain that completes the cycle throughout the entire supply chain. On the return leg to the ERC, equipment is received, checked and cleaned to ensure that the equipment being issued meets the necessary QC requirements. With our innovative software and tracking technology we generate highly sophisticated insights to help our clients utilize their equipment better through accurate demand planning, low turn around times and full network transparency.
Customary processes being monitored:
- Washplant productivity
- Waste returns
- Demand forecasting
EQUIPMENT STRATEGY DESIGN
Our experience in the industry allows us to work closely with our customers to specify and design the unique equipment solution that best suits the need of our customers. We do this by following the continuous improvement principles to arrive at solutions that are dynamic and unlock the full potential of your equipment.
- Strong management structures and resources
- Highly efficient training programs
- Selection and deployment of the correct human resources
- Design of processes
- Documentation of processes
- Standard operating procedure implementation
- Utilising G-track to manage processes
- Track and trace technologies such as RFID, BLE and barcodes.
- In depth strategic and tactical reports
- Weekly tactical steer committees for full transparency
As a value added service, GLS offers specialised maintenance solutions to our customers. The primary focus is on the repair of steel equipment and customers have a choice between ad hoc repairs or monthly fixed fee repairs. Maintenance can be done at the client’s premises or at one of our service centres. Our maintenance solution includes the following:
- General repairs
- Welding repairs
- Replacements and fittings
Benefits of outsourcing
- We have skilled labourers with vast experience.
- A maintenance solution will be provided to suit your needs and budget.
- Daily sign off sheets, so work is monitored.
- Negotiated targets and deadlines are adhered to.
- Reporting on maintenance available and can be customised.
- We are able to either collect units from site for repairs or work on site.
- Depending on demand a team can visit the site once per month or daily.
OUTSOURCE EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT
This GLS service is designed to manage all aspects of your equipment, whether it is owned, rented or leased.
Our services include:
Administration and operational functions
Back-office functions for supply chain equipment is complicated in nature and if not done correctly can result in huge losses and unforeseen costs. GLS offers you a world class administration and operations team that are able to implement and manage globally acceptable equipment processes with in depth local experience. Giving you the best of both worlds.
Equipment management by its nature is difficult to control. Departments that may have evolved over time, might have become uncontrolled and poorly managed areas. Adding unforeseen cost to the process. GLS offers an outsourced solution that provides better equipment management services. Some of these functions will include the following:
- Implementation and ongoing management of equipment processes within your business
- Integration of these processes into your business
- Daily, weekly, monthly management reports
- Pallet management services
- Equipment tracking and monitoring
- Demand management – efficient understanding of your needs going forward and how to service these needs.
Reducing the risk in staffing
Outsourcing will allow operations with seasonal or cyclical demands to bring in additional resources when you need them and release them when you’re done.
Equipment departments are usually an area of high employee turnover which creates uncertainty and inconsistency throughout the operations. GLS will provide a level of continuity to your company while reducing the risk that other substandard level of operations would bring to the company.
MANAGING CUSTOMER AND VENDOR INTERACTION
One of the most challenging aspects of equipment management is the complexity created by having different companies and subsequent processes. This directly affects the cost and use of the equipment within your company. It results in unforeseen cost escalation, pool variances and lost equipment being charged to you.
With the GLS operational control and management functions, we manage this interaction on your behalf and ensure that you, as our customer, receives the best benefit.
We do this based on one of two principles
Balance to zero
- Equipment is managed transactionally and is not allowed to remain at the delivery point. i.e. all equipment must be returned on the same trip as the delivery. If equipment is not returned against the delivery note the non-compliance is escalated.
Issues vs returns-balance in supply chain
- Equipment being returned is measured against what was issued and equipment balances per delivery location is available.
Based on the model we are then able to supply billing and balance report according to the parameters determined with each customer.
PALLET MANAGEMENT SERVICES
We can tailor a comprehensive pallet account management package that is designed to control your hired equipment and provide support for related operational activities.
PALLET ACCOUNT AUDIT
It is important to understand the status of your Pallet account in order to manage and reduce your potential risk.
Identification of lost equipment
A physical count of all hire equipment can be conducted and compared to the quantity of equipment being charged out by the hire company to determine losses.
Redemption of equipment lost
Where records exist, we will co-ordinate with your trading partners and attempt to retrieve all outstanding equipment. Where records are not available, or equipment is unredeemable, we will provide cost data on compensation payments to the hire company and any other available options.
PALLET SERVICES INCLUDE
OUT SOURCED ADMINISTRATION
GLS can offer you peace of mind by outsourcing all the pallet administration functions to ensure continuity of service and knowledge.
We will offer additional services to further assist the management of your pallet account.